Water is your best friend. It’s good for your figure, your face and everything inside you, lubricating your joints and flushing toxins. It also tastes pretty darned good when you’re really, deeply thirsty. No juice, soda or other flavored concoction matches the rush of refreshment you get from a tall, icy glass of H20. If you don’t already adore water, consider these amazing benefits…you just may feel compelled to guzzle more of the stuff yourself!
- It detoxifies you. Every day we’re exposed to countless toxins from polluted air, processed food, plastics and all of those products you slather on your hair, face and bod. Water allows your body to flush those nasty particles out through urine, sweat, and even exhaling.
- It beautifies you. Next time you’re dehydrated, take a peek in the mirror. Where did those lines come from? Drinking enough water helps minimize wrinkles and fights dryness, making your face glow.
- It keeps you regular. If you ever feel, um, stopped up down there, water may be the best cure for what ails you. Dehydration is directly linked to constipation, so keep the fluid flowing!
- It makes you skinnier. A study at Virginia Tech found that people who drank 2 cups of water before meals ate up to 90 fewer calories, and lost an average of 3.5 pounds more than the control group over 12 weeks.
- It’s what your made of. Your body is up to 60% water, with your lungs and brain containing the highest concentrations. Why do you think your blood is liquid? Because it has water, silly. You can easily go a month without eating a bite of food, but you’d be lucky to see a week roll by without a drink of water. Thirsty yet?
Featured image by Jau Kay